Exercises to engage your Baby in to help him stand
Every phase in a baby’s life is much awaited with anticipation and nerves by parents. From crawling to sitting, trying to stand and balance their small bodies, each stage in their growth is meticulously
recorded by parents to ensure that their babies are healthy.
Babies usually begin to try and stand with the help of support when they are around 9 months of age. Some babies start trying earlier while some babies take time. Parents should not worry too much about it as long as the babies are healthy and active.
But they can help the babies stand by following some of the exercises below in moderation. It is important to remember that their bodies are young and tender. Pushing aside the sharp objects, furniture, etc. to make space for the baby to move around would be advisable.
- Splashing in water strengthens the muscles of the lower half of the body. This helps the babies develop the strength to balance their weight when standing.
Use Toys to Encourage
- Toys that are colourful and your baby’s favourite can be used as encouragement to make them take that first step. Place the toy on top of a table so that they can reach for it. Make sure you stay by their side throughout.
- Babies love to be cheered, clapped, and cuddled. Motivate them by cheering for them each time they try something new.
Leg Movement Exercises
- Make the baby lie down on the back. Gently hold the baby’s legs and lift them up, moving slowly in circles as though cycling.
- Following this exercise for 5 minutes every day will strengthen the muscles and help the baby balance their weight when standing.
Visit https://www.youcare.in/ or call 844-844-9799 to know more.