Easy to do Chair Exercises for Seniors
It is never too late to start exercising. But as one gets older and the body begins to weaken, it is not advisable to try the exercises that could have a negative impact on the health. Here are some easy exercises seniors can perform by sitting comfortably on a chair. These exercises improve blood circulation.
Ankle and Wrist Rolls
- Sit on a chair with a straight back.
- Flex fingers, opening and closing the fists several times while rotating the wrists slowly, 10 times in each direction.
- Repeat the same with each foot curling the toes while rotating the feet at the ankles
Seated Hip Marches
- This exercise helps in improving the hip movement. Sit straight on a sturdy chair and place the feet flat on the floor at hip-distance apart from each other.
- Grab the armrests with both hands. Lift the right leg with the knee bent as high as it is comfortable.
- Lower the right foot slowly to the floor.
- Repeat with the left foot. It is important to not go overboard with the exercises.
- Sit straight with the feet on the floor, at a hip-apart distance.
- Place hands lightly behind the head, elbows bent, pointing towards the sides of the room.
- Keep the pelvis steady. Exhale and twist the torso slowly to the right only as far as it is comfortable.
- Inhale and return to the previous straight position.
- Repeat the same and turn towards the left side. Repeat the exercise 5-6 times and take a break. Try another set if it feels comfortable.
You Care provides trained and certified caregivers, nannies, nurses to care for the elderly, infants and toddlers for those who need specialized services. For details, call 899-899-94-99 or visit our website our website