How to Keep Your Baby’s Skin Healthy?
Babies are super cute with their soft skins and mushy smiles. Keeping their delicate skin healthy and free from any kind of rashes becomes a question at times. It takes time for the babies to get adjusted to the environment and any minor thing could result in itching or irritation. Doctors usually recommend using natural and chemical-free products for bathing, toileting or moisturizing.
- Give them a bath every day using a mild soap or shampoo recommended for baby skin. Use a disinfectant if possible to avoid infections or allergies.
- Do not try any new products on their skin.
- Use natural wipes and soft towels to dry them. Wash the towels with a disinfectant regularly.
- Use talcum powders prepared exclusively for babies.
- Powders with fragrances should be avoided.
- Do not use powders with grains, especially for the diaper area. In fact, avoid powdering the diaper area as it might lead to infections.
- Use fresh and clean diapers.
- Not all brands might suit your baby’s skin. If you notice any rashes or irritation change the brand immediately.
- Do not wrap the diapers too tight. Allow the skin to breathe. Usually, keep room for an index finger to be placed comfortably under the diaper.
- Do not leave a diaper too long after it gets wet.
- Take the child to a pediatrician if the rashes do not subside soon.
- Babies are prone to dry skin during the first few months and it is essential to keep their skin hydrated and healthy.
- Use pure coconut oil to gently rub onto their skin.
- Do not bathe the baby too often. Allow the natural moisture in the body to be retained by the skin.
- Do not apply flour or any other paste without consulting your doctor.
YouCare is an organization in Chandigarh that provides trained and certified caregivers and nannies to care for the infants, toddlers, and seniors in Chandigarh Tricity, Punjab, and Himachal Pradesh. YouCare is known for providing the best caregiving services. With professionally trained and experienced nannies, nursing assistants YouCare lets families hire caregivers who care for seniors and infants alike. To speak to a dedicated manager, call 8448449799.