Are you planning on getting a new babysitter at home? Well, then, there are a few things that you need to follow from your end in order to make sure that your kids are ready to accept this new member that you are thinking of bringing into the family for them.
The most important of all is that you need to make sure that you get your nanny or babysitter from a trusted place like YouCare, which provides you with assurance and security. Next is how to make your child ready for a new nanny.
So, Here are 7 tips that will help you to make sure that your children are ready for a new baby sitter:
- You need to inform them of the decision that you have made. Tell them that they will be joined by a baby sitter very soon with whom they will be spending a lot of time.
- Children need to be given the feeling that they too have an opinion of their own, and hence, it is very important that you involve them in the decision. Explain the reason for hiring to them so that they feel that they are also taking the decision along with you.
- Tell your kids that it is their responsibility to take care of the home as well. The babysitter will be there to take care of them, but they will not know everything about the house, and hence, the children will have to guide them as and when needed.
- Give them responsibilities that they can carry out as well for the babysitter like teaching them when the mail gets delivered, when the dishes are done, etc.
- Children might feel insecure in the beginning or even unsafe when letting a new person into their homes and lives. Tell them that you can be reached anytime via phone and keep yourself available so that your kids can reach you anytime.
- Tell your kids that they can approach you about anything so that they do not feel the need to hide anything if they feel uncomfortable.
- Sit with your kids down and find out from them what they think of the new babysitter and take notes.
Follow these 7 tips, and you will see that not only is your kid warming up to the babysitter, but it will become easier for the babysitter as well to manage everything better. At YouCare, we take pride in providing professionally trained and groomed nannies and babysitters who are kind, loving and compassionate.